This policy is valid from 12 March 2015
1. This website is edited by Elise Wilson. For questions about this site, please contact email@example.com.
2. All images and text are The Beauty Gloss’s and copyright to the business unless stated otherwise.
3. This is a PR friendly site.
4. Items that have been gifted, sent, or given to us from a PR company, in consideration for a product review, will be marked with an asterix (*).
5. We will always give a 100% honest opinion on any product that we feature on this site.
6. Some posts may be sponsored. If a post is sponsored it will be clearly marked as so in the individual post. We only work with sponsors that we love, and who’s product we genuinely believe in! Compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made on this site.
7. The views and opinions expressed on this site are purely our own. We will only endorse products or services that we believe in, and that are worthy of such an endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
8. We support small, local businesses – not just international ones!
9. This site does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Product Recommendation Disclaimer:
Here at The Beauty Gloss HQ, any recommendation of a product or ingredient (on this site) is based on our own experience and research of the product. We also highly recommend doing your own research on products as well.
2. Information collected
2.1. The Beauty Gloss may collect Personal Information about you through your use of the Website.
2.2. The Beauty Gloss may collect Personal Information about you from related bodies corporate of The Beauty Gloss Partners (see section 4), from our distributors and other service providers and when you request information about our products and services or the products and services of our Partners.
3. Storage of personal information
The Beauty Gloss will use its reasonable endeavours to protect and maintain the security of your Personal Information and to make the Website as secure as possible against unauthorised access. The Beauty Gloss’s officers, employees, agents and third party contractors are expected to observe the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Despite its reasonable endeavours, The Beauty Gloss is unable to ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to The Beauty Gloss and all Personal Information disclosed by you to The Beauty Gloss is at your own risk.
1. The Beauty Gloss may use your Personal Information to inform you about the Website, goods, services, offers or other matters which The Beauty Gloss believes are of interest to you.
4.2. The Beauty Gloss may provide your Personal Information to its related bodies corporate. You acknowledge and agree that The Beauty Gloss may also disclose your Personal Information to our sponsors, business partners, distributors, suppliers, associates and other entities (Partners) who may send you information about their products and services. The Beauty Gloss’s related bodies corporate and Partners may be located both in and outside New Zealand. If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive information from Partners you may let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5.1. The Beauty Gloss will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party (other than its related bodies corporate or Partners) without your consent, unless otherwise required by law, or unless such disclosure is reasonably necessary in the opinion of The Beauty Gloss to protect its rights or property or to avoid injury to any person.
5.2. The Website may contain direct links to other sites operated by Partners or other third parties. You acknowledge that such sites are not operated by The Beauty Gloss.
1.1. This website at URL address: http://www.thebeautygloss.co.nz (Website) is owned and operated by Elise Wilson.
1.3. You warrant and represent that you have the legal right and ability to enter into legally binding agreements with The Beauty Gloss.
1.5. To report any problems regarding the Website, please contact The Beauty Gloss at email@example.com.
3. Intellectual property rights
3.1. The Beauty Gloss is the owner of all right, title and interest (including present and future copyright) in the Website.
3.2. All material including domain names, names, text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, diagrams, logos, buttons, icons, software (Material) are owned exclusively by The Beauty Gloss, its related bodies corporate or others who have licensed their material to The Beauty Gloss unless expressly indicated otherwise.
3.3. Certain material which appears on the Website such as photographs and images may be sourced from third parties and in such cases, The Beauty Gloss has recognised the source of those materials.
3.4. For the avoidance of any doubt, the words The Beauty Gloss and all design marks and slogans are the trade marks or service marks of The Beauty Gloss.
4. Your use of the Website
4.2. You may not sell, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, republish, licence, frame, upload, transmit, post, communicate or use the Materials except:
- as authorised in writing by The Beauty Gloss.
4.3. You may not use any logo, trade mark or service mark appearing on
this Website without recognising The Beauty Gloss as the owner of such mark
5. Your responsibilities.
5.3. The Beauty Gloss prohibits the use of the Website, for any of the following:
- transmitting or posting any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other materials (Content) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, sexually explicit, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or invasive of another’s right of privacy;
- impersonating any person or entity or to falsely state or to otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- posting or transmitting any Content that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit or that infringes the rights of any person, or entity;
- posting or transmitting any Content that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- using any device, software, or routine that interferes with or attempts to interfere with the proper functionality of the Website or that adversely affects the availability of the Materials on the Website to others;
- offering for sale any Materials or any information received from The Beauty Gloss; and
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software that makes up the Website or the Materials or for the purpose of creating derivative works from the Website.
6. Your Content
6.1. If you post Content on the Website, The Beauty Gloss reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to remove or amend any such Content. The Beauty Gloss reserves the right not to accept unsolicited Content or other material.
6.2. By submitting any Content to any public or non-public areas of this Website, you automatically grant The Beauty Gloss the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, without restriction or compensation.
6.3. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such Content, will not assert or has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant to The Beauty Gloss the rights and licence stated above. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such Content placed on our Website retains any and all rights that may exist in such Content.
7. Links and connections to other parties and other sites
7.1. The Website may contain links or other connections to websites operated by parties other than The Beauty Gloss (Links). These Links are provided for convenience only. If you use a Link to access a third party website, you do so entirely at your own risk. The Beauty Gloss’s inclusion of Links or other connections to third party websites does not imply any
endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Websites accessed via Links may contain advertisements by other people. These advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by The Beauty Gloss and The Beauty Gloss is not responsible for the products and/or services being advertised.
8. Disclaimers, warranty exclusions and limitation of liability
8.1. You acknowledge and agree that use of this Website is at your sole risk. The Beauty Gloss makes no representation or warranty: as to the availability of any product, good, service, process or technology described on the Website;
- that the content or functions contained in the Website or your access to the Website will be error-free;
- that any defects on the Website or the Materials will be corrected;
- that any information, apparatus, product, software or process used or disclosed on the Website or any Material accessible from the Website will be accurate, up to date, complete or useful; or
- that the Website or the server which stores and transmits the Material to you are free from viruses or any other harmful components.
9. Applicable law
9.1. The Website is controlled by The Beauty Gloss from its offices in New Zealand. The Beauty Gloss makes no representation that the Material or the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Website from locations outside of The Beauty Gloss do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
9.2. These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.