Our GirlCrush of the moment, Emilia Clarke, proves that the LOB is still the ‘IT’ style…
We still can’t quite get over the fact that actress Emilia Clarke, who plays the platinum blonde Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thones, is actually a natural brunette!? It’s not an easy feat to pull off both hair colours so well – trust us – but the talented actress does so seamlessly.
On Sunday Daenerys – we mean, Clarke – was spotted at the Berlin premier of her new blockbuster Terminator Genisys, with a glamorous new haircut. Her new shoulder-skimming LOB was courtesy of celebrity hair stylist Alex Polillo, who perfectly complimented her face shape by keeping the front long, curls and soft with a deep side part. ‘We wanted to show off Emilia’s new haircut with a chic, soft, and full style. The look was inspired by the Dior girl… very French, very pretty but with an ease.’
Create the Look:
1. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Express Primer, $36 all-over clean, damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a small amount of Redken Full Effect 04, $36, all-over volumising mousse at the crown and work the rest through the ends.
3. Taking small even sections – blow-dry hair from the top down, using a round brush to create volume. Lightly tease the crown for a little bump.
4. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Two Day Extender, $36, dry shampoo at the roots to help expand the hair and create more shape. Start with a small amount and add more if needed.
5. Create one brushed-out wave at the front to complement the shape of the face; then finish with a small amount of Redken Rough Paste 12, $38, working material and Redken Quick Dry 18, $36, instant finishing spray.
6. For extra shine, mist Redken Shine Flash 02, $28, all-over hair.
What do you think of Clarke’s new haircut?
WORDS: Elise Wilson
IMAGES: courtesy of Alex Polillo Instagram @apolillo and Getty
Follow us on Instagram for more beauty tips, advice and pretty things: