Celebrity Hairstylist, Cervando for Moroccanoil, shares his step-by-step guide to get Naomi’s enviable retro-waves.
There was nothing but first class glamour on the red carpet of the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards. In our opinion, Naomi Watts was a standout with her bright orange pout, lots of lashes and perfectly tousled hair. Her hair stylist Cervando commented that, ‘These chic, modern, slightly-retro waves perfectly compliment Naomi’s personality and style.’ We couldn’t agree more.
Here’s how you can get it too:
HAIR PREP/ STYLE
1. Beginning on damp hair, use fingers to rake a small palm-sized amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root to tip, throughout the entire head. Next, use a comb to distribute the product evenly through hair.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the entire head to create a foundation for volume and texture. Then use a comb to create a deep side part. Rough dry with hands.
3. Next, section by section, blow dry hair using Moroccanoil’s 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush for a soft and smooth finish.
4. Once the hair is fully dry, section off the hair at the top of the head and set in Velcro rollers.
5. Alternating between 1”and 1 ½” curling irons, wrap 1” sections of hair around the barrels—leaving the ends straight—to create a modern, natural wave.
6. Once completed, I removed the Velcro rollers and use the Moroccanoil Classic Boar Bristle Brush to smooth hair into place and sweep the hair across the forehead.
7. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to add shine, texture and long-lasting hold.
What’s your secret for getting curls to stay in all day? Tell us in the comments below…
Text: Elise Wilson
Image: Supplied by PR
Credit – Naomi Watts at the 72nd Annual Golden Globes by Jeff Vespa Getty Images