Straight from the runways of New York Fashion Week, Redken Global Styling Director Guido created this polished, modern ponytail for Diesel’s Spring/Summer 2015 show.
Using just a few key products, you can recreate this futuristic ponytail, and totally rock it to the office to impress your work mates!
“My job as a hairdresser is to update the ponytail to make it more relevant for today’s woman,” says Guido. We think he’s succeeded, and here’s a step-by-step guide to achieve this elegant look yourself:
- Apply a penny-sized amount of Redken Satinwear 02, $36, prepping blow-dry lotion to damp hair and comb through.
- Using a fine-tooth comb, create a deep side part.
- Blowdry hair straight using a boar bristle brush.
- Brush hair back into a low ponytail, using a boar bristle brush to smooth out any bumps.
- Secure ponytail at the base of the head using a small black elastic.
- Flatiron the length of the ponytail until it is straight and smooth.
- Finish with a generous mist of Redken Forceful 23, $36, super strength hairspray all over the top of the head to create a shiny, sleek look.